I struggled like many to get windows 10 to update to the creators version. Reason being a annoying TMP (Trusted Platform Module issue) in my case the infineon version on a Samsung laptop.
I have spend many hours looking for a solution but i haven’t come across one that fixed this issue for my particular setup. In the end i managed to get this sorted though. Here is what i did:
- Disabled TPM in the bios of the machine (On the Samsung press F2 repeatedly while booting to enter setup)
- In the security section set TPM to disable
- Start windows and (in my case look for the infineon folder in either \Program files or \ Program file (x86)
- Delete this folder
- Open task manager (Ctrl+Delete)
- Goto Services tab
- Locate: IFXTCS.exe runs as a service named ‘Trusted Platform Core Service’ (IFXTCS) “The Trusted Platform Core Service manages access to the Trusted Platform Module of this computer.
- Double click this
- Set service to disabled
- Reboot machine
After this (in my case) the windows 10 update executed just fine